COMPOSE a course that contains AVOCADO & FETA CHEESE, two of my favourite ingredients. You may also include any number of additional ingredients. The dish can be for a vegetarian, carnivore, or pescatore, whatever. It can even be a dessert. No matter what though, it must contain the two challenge ingredients.
1. Neither Lazaro, Nancy, nor I will be participating.
2. The winner will be chosen by a consensus of the three of us.
3. The challenge is open to everyone, worldwide.
1. You must submit a dish containing Avocado & Feta Cheese.
2. Copy & Paste the Quickies cover image (contest photo) onto your blog post that includes the dish you wish to submit.
3. If submitting an old blog post, just write a short, new post with the contest photo included.
4. Email me a link to your post at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 7, 2010.
6. On June 8, 2010 we will announce the winner & post a round-up of all the dishes.
1. Winner gets a copy of Quickies: Morning, Noon, and Night
2. A guest blogger spot on Lazaro Cooks!
I hope you enjoy our first Quickies: Morning, Noon, and Night Challenge. Have fun and be creative. Please tell your readers that you intend to participate; they might like to join in the merriment!
That’s it for now lovely readers – I look forward to your wonderful entries!
1 cup mashed avocado
1/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted
1/4 cup crumbled feta, crumble very tiny
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbls chopped cilantro
2 tbls chopped parsley
1 1/2 tbls honey
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 olive oil (more if needed)
salt and pepper
Mortar and pestle, or food process all ingredients except oil. Add oil in a slow stream for optimum emulsion.
Adjust honey and nut to your liking.
Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death